Stig is the Best Dog in the World. Official. He’s our soon to be 3 year-old Border Terrier who every day without fail brings us huge amounts of uncontrollable, unconditional licky love. On a recent weekend to Perthshire we lost him for twenty minutes after he got sight and scent of a deer. They were the longest twenty minutes of our lives. He returned, frothing at the mouth to cuddles which nearly squeezed the life out of him.
We do possibly spoil him a little. He sleeps with Cal most of the time, if not with us. We take him on frequent weekend trips away, staying in country houses and planning our activities around him. He’s a bit of a rascal but in the best possible way. He loves everybody, pokes his nose into everything and his favourite activity is a one-hour play fight with Harvey the Boxer, his best dog friend. He makes us laugh every day. He frequently spends days with me at work, helping out in the office. He makes us, and almost everyone who sees him, smile. He brings joy to our lives.
My top five photos of Stig flying…
1. Is he floating? Is he flying? Hovering maybe… Not sure, but the look of concentration whilst carrying a mouth full of ball coupled with the great height achieved makes this the definite winner.
2. On this day Stig learned to swim. Proper doggy-paddle style. I think he is flying here out of sheer joy.
3. Almost the same as No.1 but in reverse, without ball. No doubt with a lolling tongue.
4. Looking almost superimposed within a tree tunnel. Excited. A treat probably awaits.
5. Yes, more jumping than flying, but airborne none the less, and a lovely photo on Portobello Beach.